||Home > Training Catalog >
Set-up, Optimize, and Trouble-shoot FCP
Nothing generates more questions and confusion that trying to figure out how to best set-up, organize, optimize, and trouble-shoot Final Cut Pro. In this Final Cut Pro tutorial, Larry Jordan shows you how to organize your hard disks, set up a working folder structure, create a consistent project and folder naming system, optimize key preference settings, and trouble-shoot common Final Cut Pro problems. If you feel like Final Cut is running on square wheels, this seminar is for you.
NOTE: This presentation supports all versions of Final Cut Pro. The discussion covering tapeless media is most relevant for Final Cut Pro 7 users.
This is especially helpful for the new, self-taught, or infrequent user. As well, people experiencing frequent problems with Final Cut Pro will also find this very helpful.
• Explain what scratch disks are and how to organize them
• Show where to create and how to name scratch disk folders
• Show where to create and how to name project folders
• Explain how to store and organize source media from tapeless formats
• Show where to create and how to name folders for tapeless media
• Show and explain optimum settings for all Final Cut preference files
• Learn maintenance procedures to minimize the "Spinning Beach Ball of Death"
• Learn maintenance procedures to minimize dropped frames
• Learn how to trash Final Cut Pro preference files
• Trouble-shoot common Final Cut Pro problems
• Learn how to archive project files for the future
• Discover other software that can help maintain your Final Cut Studio system
• Example: Optimizing System Settings preferences
• Example: Customizing Audio/Video preferences
• Example: Creating a custom Easy Setup
• Example: Optimizing User Preferences
• Example: Optimizing Sequence > Render settings
• Example: Learn how to repair Disk Permissions
• Example: Learn how to trash Final Cut Pro preference files
• Example: Learn how to use Media Manager to archive project files
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry