||Home > Training Catalog >
Master Motion - Even If Motion Graphics Scare You
Motion scares a lot of us. If your face goes pale and skin turns clammy when someone asks you to "add a few motion graphics to spice this up" -- then this is the tutorial for you! Larry Jordan's goal for this session is to remove the fear of using something new, show you how to use Motion, and give you concrete examples you can use to put Motion to work in your own projects.
Don't avoid Motion just because you don't understand it. In this training, you'll master the Motion interface, discover the power of Motion templates, create simple, yet effective, animated lower-thirds, and design elegant full-screen animated titles using resources from the Motion Library. This session can remove your fear of Motion forever -- and give you a reason to finally let go of LiveType.
This session provides an introduction to all versions of Motion. It does not assume any level of knowledge about Motion, though a basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro will help. This session requires no drawing or graphic design skills.
NOTE: This session does not discuss particles, replicators, or 3D space in Motion.
• Learn how to send files between Final Cut Pro and Motion
• Discover when to use "Send to" and "Open in Editor"
• Learn the Motion interface
• Learn essential Motion keyboard shortcuts
• Discover how and why to set Project Properties
• Learn how to create a default project setting
• Show how to view and modify a Motion template
• Learn how to create your own Motion templates to use in Final Cut Pro
• Show how to create a lower-third animated title
• Learn how to import a video clip
• Show how to use elements from the Motion library
• Show how to create a full-screen info graphic
• Show to how make an animated element stop where you want it
• DEMO: How to add and modify graphic elements
• DEMO: How to colorize an object
• DEMO: How to add and modify text
• DEMO: How to animate text
• DEMO: How to add background elements
• DEMO: How to adjust and time when elements appear
• DEMO: How to use filters to change the look of an element
• DEMO: How to use behaviors to animate elements
• DEMO: How to adjust effects to speed, or slow down, an effect
• DEMO: How to use blend modes
• DEMO: How to add video to a project
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry