||Home > Training Catalog >
Advanced Motion: Create a DVD Motion Menu
Building on Larry Jordan's introduction to Motion in "Master Motion," this session applies Motion in a real-world situation: creating a DVD Motion Menu. This is the second in our Motion Trilogy series.
Now, it's true that motion menus can be created in a variety of applications, but Motion makes this easier for a variety of reasons. Plus, this gives us a chance to learn more advanced features in Motion than we can use for all of our projects.
In this tutorial, Larry shows you how to create two full-screen menus in Motion - one still and one animated. Then send it to DVD Studio Pro to build into a finished motion menu using buttons, button regions, and overlays.
Other Motion Trilogy Titles:
• Master Motion: Even if Motion Graphics Scare You
• Unlock the Power of 3D Space in Motion
You should have Final Cut Studio 2, or later, installed on your system. You should have some familiarity with Motion, or view the "Master Motion" webinar. This session does not discuss Motion particles, replicators, or 3D space.
• Learn why Motion is better for creating DVD Motion Menus
• Create a complex, visually interesting motion menu
• Learn how to add motion to a DVD Studio Pro menu
• See how to add button overlay graphics and change their colors
• Quickly round-trip between DVD Studio Pro and Motion to easily make changes
• Learn new Motion keyboard shortcuts
• Understand how DVD Studio Pro loops motion menus
• Locate elements in Motion's Library tab using Search
• DEMO: How to show and hide layers and groups in Motion
• DEMO: Export a single video frame as a TIFF image
• DEMO: Adjust layer groups to determine foreground elements
• DEMO: Reposition and scale elements
• DEMO: Add masks to hide portions of an image
• DEMO: Change the timing and location of a clip
• DEMO: Change the opacity of all the elements in a folder
• DEMO: Add blend modes to graphics and text
• DEMO: Animate a shape without using keyframes
• DEMO: Add and animate text
• DEMO: Add a DVD Menu Loop marker
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry