This is another in our Fundamentals of Final Cut Pro webinars. This time we feature the Motion tab. In this session, we'll look at how the Motion tab works, explain why keyframes are so cool and how to use them, and show you creative ways to harness the Motion tab to create motion effects that you may not have considered.
If keyframes scare you and the Motion tab is a mystery, you are going to have a great time at this session. And for you long-time Final Cut wizards, this is a great way to refresh your skills on basic operations.
You should have any version of Final Cut Pro installed on your system. This session is designed as an introductory course to motion effects, though it helps to have a basic knowledge of the Final Cut Pro interface.
NOTE: This session does not discuss how to change clip speed or create motion blur.
• Show how to use the Motion tab to apply motion effects to a clip
• Show how to copy, change, or delete effect settings
• Illustrate how to use the eight basic motion tab parameters
• Show how to adjust motion settings in both the Canvas and the VieweShow how to create non-animated motion effects
• Show how to harness the power of the Anchor Point and Distort
• Explain how and when to use Action Safe and Title Safe boundaries
• Show how to copy effects between clips
• Define keyframes
• Show how to add, modify, and delete keyframes
• Show how to create animated motion effectsDEMO: Create a picture-in-picture effect
• DEMO: Make an image float over a background
• DEMO: Rotate an image
• DEMO: Position an image to appear on the side of another object
• DEMO: Copy effects between clips
• DEMO: Create, modify, reposition, and delete keyframes
• DEMO: Make an image change size during playback
• DEMO: Make an image slide around the screen
• DEMO: Make an image change size, position, and rotation
• DEMO: Make an image, and its shadow, move to imply change in depth
• DEMO: Show the best drop shadow settings for SD and HD text
Other Fundamentals of Final Cut Pro Titles:
• Match Your Storage to Your Media (Solving Hard Disk Issues)
• Set-up, Optimize, and Trouble-shoot Final Cut Pro
• Edit and Trim Faster! In Final Cut Pro
• Create Great Effects Inside Final Cut Pro