||Home > Training Catalog >
Unlock the Power of 3D
Building on our introduction to Motion in "Master Motion," in this session we look at one of the really exciting new power features in Motion (starting with Motion 3) -- the ability to move in 3D space. And we discover that one of the really terrifying new features in Motion is the ability to get truly, totally, hopelessly lost in 3D space. This webinar is designed to introduce you to the first, while preventing the second.
This session is for people who have never worked in 3D before. This will take you step-by-step into a brand new world. You'll learn how to animate shapes and text in 3D, and add and animate a camera, add and adjust 3D lighting and reflections. Best of all, no special design skills are required to be successful with this lesson.
You should have Final Cut Studio 2, or later, installed on your system. You should have some familiarity with Motion, or view the "Master Motion" webinar. This session illustrates the 3D features found in both Motion 3 and Motion 4.
Other Motion Trilogy Titles:
• Master Motion: Even if Motion Graphics Scare You
• Advanced Motion: Creating a DVD Motion Menu
• Explain how Motion displays 3D space
• Show how to switch between 2D and 3D
• Show a simple way to create a 3D look
• Show how to animate 3D movement using behaviors
• Explain the different ways behaviors use 3D space
• Show how to add, and animate, text
• Show how to add, and animate, a camera
• Explain the differences between a framing and viewpoint camera
• Show how to add, place, and manipulate particles
• Explain the relationship between text and particles
• Show how to add, and modify, a light
• Show how to add, and modify, a reflection
• Provide essential keyboard shortcuts to rescue you if you get lost in 3D space
• DEMO: Show how to create a "3D look" without even going into 3D
• DEMO: Show how to switch a layer group between 2D and 3D
• DEMO: Show how to animate a shape in 3D
• DEMO: Show how to modify a behavior for 3D movement
• DEMO: Show how to add and animate text so that it moves through depth
• DEMO: Explain how different Basic Motion behaviors work with depth
• DEMO: Show how to add a camera
• DEMO: Show how to change the position of a camera
• DEMO: Show how to animate a camera using dolly and sweep behaviors
• DEMO: Show how to switch between views in 3D space
• DEMO: Add a particle system from the Motion library
• DEMO: Show how, and why, to position particles in 3D
• DEMO: Show how to apply text blend modes when using particles
• DEMO: Show how to add, modify, and reposition a light
• DEMO: Show how to add a reflection
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry