||Home > Training Catalog >
Creating Killer Titles in FCP
Final Cut Pro is often accused of having weak text generation capabilities. However, bundled with Final Cut Pro are some outstanding text creation software tools called Boris Calligraphy. These four software packages can take you far beyond what you expect in Final Cut Pro. Best of all, you already have this software installed.
This webinar, which was sponsored by Boris FX, shows you how to use the titling software bundled with Final Cut Pro, then how to extend it when you add the power of Boris Continuum Complete version 7 to supercharge your text effects. Bundled software includes: Title 3D, Text Scrambler, and Title Crawl. This webinar contains 16 different text demos to show you how to make your text look great.
This webinar is relevant for anyone running Final Cut Pro version 4, HD, 5, 6, or 7. Boris Calligraphy is bundled with Final Cut Studio. Boris Continuum Complete is available separately. You don't need Boris Continuum to significantly benefit from this webinar.
• Discover how to make sure you have the correct version of the software
• Learn how to color and style text using Boris Calligraphy
• See how to add tabs and format long blocks of text
• Learn how to adjust spacing between letters using kerning
• See how to create text shadow effects
• Learn how to create a smooth credit roll
• Learn how to give your text a 3D look
• Select from dozens of surface presets to give your text a unique look
• See how to add and animate glows and lights
• Discover real-life textures and backgrounds you can insert into your text
• See how to animate type-on text
• Learn how to create extruded text
• See how to create 3D extruded text from an EPS image
• DEMO: Create a full-screen text clip
• DEMO: Add multiple colors to the text in a single clip
• DEMO: Add multiple formats to the text in a single clip
• DEMO: Create the illusion of text in 3D space using Title 3D
• DEMO: Create visually arresting text using the Style Palette
• DEMO: Create a long block of text and add tabs and formatting
• DEMO: Adjust spacing between letters using pair kerning
• DEMO: Add and modify drop, cast, extruded, and combined shadows to text
• DEMO: Scramble, and unscramble, text
• DEMO: Scramble and shuffle text styles and formats.
• DEMO: Easily create a credit roll
• DEMO: Add animated lights and glows to text
• DEMO: Fill text with customized backgrounds, colors, and shapes
• DEMO: Create animated type-on text
• DEMO: Create extruded, 3D text that explodes, or implodes
• DEMO: Create extruded, 3D text from an EPS file
NOTE: This initial tutorial was sponsored by Boris FX Inc.
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry