||Home > Training Catalog >
Make Multiclip Magic in Final Cut Pro
Multiclips give us the ability to edit multiple cameras at the same time within Apple Final Cut Pro. This new technique is especially useful for creating performance videos, reality shows, action sequences, even sitcoms.
The key to a successful multi-cam project starts with good planning. So, this session is in two parts: Part 1 covers what you need to think about during pre-production, pre-edting, and editorial to avoid problems and simplify your work.
Then, in Part 2, we'll shift gears and dive into Final Cut Pro and show you how to build, modify, and edit multiclips. Whether you are new to multiclips or an experienced hand, you'll discover lots of new techniques to simplify, speed, or supercharge your work!
Multiclips require Final Cut Pro 5 or later. To make the most of this session, you should have a basic understanding of how to edit inside Final Cut Pro. Knowledge of multiclips is not required, as this training will take you from a standing start to become an expert.
• Define multiclips
• Define multiclip specifications in Final Cut Pro
• Present pre-production issues relevant to editng multiclips
• Discuss the important of timecode and sync
• Provide an option if timecode breaks prevent creating multiclips
• Discuss hardware issues relevant to multiclip editing
• Present a table of hard drive storage speeds necessary for multiclip editing
• Present a step-by-step "cookbook" to successfully create a multiclip
• Show how to successfully create a multiclip in less than one minute
• DEMO: How to create a multiclip
• DEMO: How to add an angle to a multiclip
• DEMO: How to change the order of angles
• DEMO: How to delete an angle
• DEMO: How to edit a multiclip in the Viewer
• DEMO: How to edit a multiclip using keyboard shortcuts
• DEMO: Show how to add effects either before or after creating a multiclip
• DEMO: How to trim multiclip angles in the Timeline
• DEMO: How to resync a multiclip shot
• DEMO: How to find the Master clip for a multiclip shot in the Timeline
• DEMO: How to find all related angles once a clip is edited to the Timeline
• DEMO: How and why to collapse a multiclip
• DEMO: How to uncollapse a multiclip
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry