||Home > Training Catalog >
Particles, Paint Strokes, and Replicators
Larry starts by looking at particles. Almost anything can be a particle - all it takes is one click of a button. Then, the fun starts. Larry shows how to create particles, then how to use the settings in the Inspector to customize the effect. You won't believe how quickly you can create complex effects like confetti falling through air.
Next, Larry shows you how to paint on the screen; even if you can't draw a straight line without mechanical help. There are hundreds of brush styles to choose from. You'll learn how to adjust what you drew, then discover a way to combine painting with behaviors to create exciting animation easily.
The webinar wraps up with a look at replicators. Replicators are like particles frozen at a moment in time. Larry starts by creating a simple background for an info graphic, then shows you how to create the "floating pictures in space" that you've seen on Apple ads.
Each of these effects is created from scratch, and illustrated step-by-step, so that you can follow along and discover how to put the power of Motion to work for you.
If you are wondering what Motion can do that Final Cut can't, you need to see this webinar. Some of these effects are so cool - and SO EASY - that it will make you want to start using Motion immediately to spice up all your projects!
This assumes a knowledge of Motion and it's interface. If Motion is new to you, we recommend viewing the "Master Motion" webinar prior to watching this session. The information in this tutorial applies to features in both Motion 3 and 4.
• Illustrate the basic elements of the Motion interface
• Show how to create a new project in Motion
• Show how to change project settings to match video format
• Show how to find and view elements the Library
• Show how to place elements on the project timeline
• DEMO: Show how to create and modify a simple particle system
• DEMO: Show how to put particles inside text using blend modes
• DEMO: Show how to use the Inspector to customize a particle effect
• DEMO: Show how to draw an animated brush stroke
• DEMO: Show how to modify the path of a stroke using Beziér controls
• DEMO: Show how to adjust where effects occur in the timeline
• DEMO: Show how to convert a line into an animated brush stroke
• DEMO: Show how to apply a behavior to a brush stroke, then modify it
• DEMO: Show how to apply and modify replicators
• DEMO: Show how to create a 3D montage of images floating in space
• DEMO: Show how to add and animate a camera
• DEMO: Show how to add and modify depth of field to the image
In today’s world, time and timing are everything.
Deadlines get tighter, budgets lower, client expectations higher, and technology moves on. It’s a recipe for disaster, unless you can find a fast, yet in-depth way to keep your skills sharp.
That’s where Larry Jordan can help.
Larry Jordan is the most highly sought after Apple-Certified Final Cut trainer in the world. With over 30 years experience as a television producer, director and editor with national broadcast and corporate credits, Jordan’s informative and entertaining teaching style provides video editors around the world with unique techniques, methods and resources to increase productivity and enhance their skills. He’s been there – he knows the pressure you are under.
Jordan reveals the hidden tips and tricks you never hear about, and may never find on your own. His presentation style is well organized, succinct and practical. Jordan’s training can save you time, save you money, save your client, and save your sanity, during production and post-production.
Jordan, based in Los Angeles, writes and edits the monthly free Larry Jordan Final Cut Studio Newsletter, with essential information on Final Cut Studio. He is the author of hundreds of hours of online training and five books on Final Cut Studio. He also hosts the weekly interactive internet radio show and podcast, Digital Production BuZZ (http://www.digitalproductionbuZZ.com).
For more information about Larry Jordan, please visit http://www.larryjordan.biz.
Training featuring Larry